Monday, May 10, 2010

A whole year gone by...

How is is that a whole month has gone by since my last blog entry? I'm telling you, I really do have the best intentions. Well, since my last entry, we celebrated Emma's first birthday! We had a small gathering of family and friends at my cousin's house. It was a good time had by all. I still cannot believe that my baby is no longer a baby, she's a toddler. She's been walking short distances for a couple of weeks now, but she's not taking too much of an initiative. I'm not worried, I know she will be little miss Speedy Gonzalez when she's ready. Her 9th tooth has come out and I've realized that I really need to be brushing her teeth more regularly. She kept her lips pursed and shut tight the first time I tried to brush her teeth. It was pretty funny. Here are a few pics from her birthday celebration:






Emma and Grandma


About to blow out the candles!


Family picture... someones's attention was elsewhere.


Emma and her aunt Helenita



Family picture with cousin Evan... who had his attention elsewhere as well.


Emma being silly with Bebe.


What I've learned in the last year as a mother...


1. Patience, patience, and more patience.
2. Watching Sesame Street with Emma brings me so much joy... and so many memories.
3. I really am truly blessed.
4. I never knew I could laugh so much.
5. It IS possible not to gag with a poopy diaper.
6. Everyday that I think I cannot be more amazed, I am.
7. It is impossible for me to imagine life before April 22, 2009.
8. I would give more than my life, if I could, for this child.
9. I never knew I had this much love to give.
10. My mom was right.


What Emma has learned in her first year...

1. To dance.
2. To clap.
3. To crawl.
4. To walk.
5. Plane rides aren't so bad when you have your own seat.
6. Mommy and daddy will always be there for her.
7. The best place when you're not feeling well is daddy's shoulder.
8. Whining does not work with daddy.
9. Whining will most likely work with mommy.
10. She will get endless hugs and kisses whether she likes it or not.


For Mother's Day, Conor surprised me with the best present I could have ever imagined:



We had a lovely Sunday brunch on the patio at the Tasting Room while listening to jazz, then we went to my parents' house for a bit before returning home for an afternoon siesta. (I also had a pedicure on Saturday and did some shopping with my mom on Friday, so I guess you could say I enjoyed my Mother's Day weekend.)


It's "The Look". (at least one of them anyway...)


Getting some love from momma.


I love this picture of Emma and her daddy. I love her little smile.


Kisses from Grandma.


Three generations on Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment