Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We are officially a walker!

I don't consider myself too much of a worrier, but I was beginning to wonder when Emma was going to start walking on a regular basis. When Emma wasn't walking by her 1st birthday, I started to get a little concerned. I just didn't think she took much of an initiative or had any interest in it. After all, she had mastered the art of super speed crawling... why mess with a good thing? Then she started taking a few steps here and there, falling alot, and then just crawling after most falls. I never pushed it, I knew she'd walk when she was ready. Then last week, all of the sudden, it was like a light went off in her head. Over a matter of a couple of days, she started walking. Like.. really walking. I could not believe how quickly it happened. I was told that new experiences lead to insecurities, and boy, is that true. Being super clingy to mom is an understatement. But all of that is improving, as are her walking skills. Even though these are not her first steps, here are a couple of videos of the little munchkin zooming around. Enjoy!



In the first video, she doesn't start walking until about halfway through, but I love the paper stuck to her foot.




Some more walking...




This video is now one of my favorites. She does this all of the time, copies whatever you're doing. In the evenings she will play with daddy after he gets home from work, and anytime he gets on the floor, she does so too. So cute, I can't stand it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to post how she's learned how to give kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get over how quickly she grows up week by week. Every time I see her, there is something new she's learned. I feel like any minute now she's going to start talking in full on complete sentences.

    ReplyDelete