Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Got a toothbrush?

So Emma and I were laughing a few days ago, just being silly, and I noticed a small white spot on her lower gums. I could not believe it. I tried to get a better look, but every time I would open her mouth, she would try to suck on my finger. I finally got a better look and sure enough, it's the first sign of a tooth! Now I know every baby develops at a different pace, and teeth come in at very different times, but 4 months???? I couldn't believe it. I can already feel the tooth when I put my finger on her gums. She has been a bit fussier than normal, but nothing too bad. I can't wait to see that first smile with one little tooth. Emma has also been rolling from her back to her side for quite some time. She tries really hard to get all the way on to her stomach, but unfortunately for her, her arm gets in the way. She has also been alot more vocal lately. It's funny, as a new mom, the things we worry about. I was initially worried that she was too quiet. She really didn't babble before a few weeks ago, and of course, I started to worry. And now, she LOVES talking to herself when she is playing. (As soon as I figure it out, I will post some videos of her babbling and playing).

Here are some 4 month pictures on Nona's chair. Nona was Conor's great-grandmother. I absolutely love this chair and am looking forward to making an album of each month on the chair. 







Emma at the park with her daddy. Emma loves going to the park and staring at the trees and all of the dogs. 


Emma in her big girl stroller. Doesn't she look thrilled? I love this stroller and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic stroller. It came with a bassinet attachment that we used alot when she was smaller. It also allowed us to use the stroller base with her infant car seat. The seat in the picture is her big girl seat. 


So lately Emma has not enjoyed going to out to restaurants, especially in the evenings. I have a feeling that the noise is a bit overstimulating for her. It has happened on a few occasions. Saturday night we went out to a noodle house and the second we sat down, she started with the fuss. We decided to go sit outside and sure enough, the crying stopped. Emma enjoyed the quiet and the warmth of being outside, as well as watching the people walk by. She was having a relaxing time, that was until I picked her up and started messing with her. I can't get over her eyes in the last picture. 





Sweet dreams... I just love the cheeks. Can't get enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment