Tuesday, September 22, 2009

5 months...

So today was Emma's 5 month birthday. It's so hard to believe it. I probably sound like a broken record and there will be many more months when I will be saying the same thing, but I really do believe that the most remarkable changes and growth in a child happen in the first year. Their faces change so much and their abilities develop so quickly. One minute they're a blob on a pillow, the next they're rolling around, grabbing everything they can, and grinning with two little teeth on the bottom gums. 

Here are some recent accomplishments and milestones of the last month:
~rolling from front to back and back to front 
~has her 2nd tooth coming in, yes, her 2nd!
~has started to lunge forward to reach for things, esp when I am trying to eat and she is in my lap 
~lays on her stomach and holds her head up for a significant period of time
~sleeping in her own crib in the nursery
~started eating cereal, and is loving it!
~grabs both feet when she is on her back (or in her car seat)


Last week was my dad's birthday and I thought it'd be cute to have emma holding a sign that wished him a happy birthday. This is as far as we got with that. I'd say it was a pretty good try!






When Emma is really tired, she will start to space out. Like this...


Last weekend we had dinner one night at Goode Co. Taqueria. Conor grew up going there, and it has recently become one of my favorite places. It's nothing fancy, but you sure can't beat a great chicken sandwich with guacamole, shredded lettuce, and pico de gallo!




Last Thursday was the first night that Emma slept in her crib, without her moses basket. She had been in the moses basket this whole time. She was very ready not to be sleeping in it anymore, I was just worried about her waking up without the security of the basket. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 weeks old. Well, I was wrong. I took this shot right before I went to bed...


And this was her on Friday morning. She had spun herself around and was playing with her stuffed bears...




Last week, Conor's sister, Moran,  came to town with our little nephew, Harrison. We had a great time and had alot of opportunities for the cousins to hang out. The last time we saw them was when they were in town when Emma was born, so it was good to see them again. I love the following pictures. I really don't think the kiddos could have cared less about seeing each other. I also love the way Emma is looking at Moran in the first picture, and how Harrison is looking away very nonchalantly. 





Yesterday I took Emma to the Houston Museum of Natural Science for the first time. We walked around the Butterfly Exhibit for a while. (Although not a long while. Little did I know, strollers are not allowed, so between the diaper bag and Emma on my arm, it got a bit heavy. I managed to get a few pics in though. Don't ask me how...) I think she spent more time looking at the camera than at the butterflies.










Over 20 years ago, I came to this museum on my school field trips and saw the same dinosaurs. And now I am bringing my daughter to see them. Just seems surreal sometimes. 


Next blog entry: Videos! Stay tuned!



1 comment:

  1. Precious! You are SOOOO lucky!!! I can't wait to see ya'll again soon.

    ReplyDelete