Monday, July 27, 2009

Wishing time wouldn't fly by so fast...

I look at my daughter every day and realize how quickly she is gaining weight, how quickly she is getting bigger, and taller, and stronger, and more inquisitive. Emma amazes me everyday. Just this afternoon I noticed, as Conor and I were walking through Target with Emma in her car seat, that she was trying to lift her head forward, instead of laying back in the car seat and just enjoying the ride. She was trying to lift her head to look around. Now Emma has always loved to observe her surroundings... lights, ceiling fans, our dog, our faces, the tv... she loves to look around. She will sit in my lap, for what seems to me to be a very long period of time for a three month old, just to look around. She has also these past couple of weeks started to giggle. Her smiles were usually just that, smiles. But she is becoming more vocal, and discovering her voice. It's amazing. Her giggles are pure heaven. The whole world disappears when she giggles. It makes me wonder what it's going to be like when she starts talking. I mean, don't get me wrong, I can totally wait. There is no rush, but I can't help but wonder about all that she will have to say. As always, I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy taking them.

Here is Emma laughing at herself in the mirror. She was having a blast...





Smiling in her swing...





And this was her first time in her Bumbo seat. Did you ever think that a pacifier could capture so much attention? Love it.




1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. Sometimes Connor just gets fixated on the most common place items. Silly babies.

    ReplyDelete